April 14, 2011 § 4 Comments
Earlier this week, I hopped over to Kate’s blog, and saw that her listography prompt is to compile a ‘laminated list’ of famous crushes. I had never heard of Joey from Friends’ laminated list but pop over to her blog to read more and see the clip.
I struggled a bit with this list. I should just say upfront, I am a bit weird. I don’t really get wobbly kneed about famous people all that often. So many of my crushes are backdated. Would I still have a crush on an old Val Kilmer? Probably not. Especially as he puts ‘no eye contact’ clauses into his film contracts. Twat. Also I should add an apology for the lack of pics. I’m at work and for once they are actually making me work god damn them, so I’m writing this speedily as I eat my lunch. By the way…I take my hat off to full time mums who blog. On the days I don’t work I’m on full-time damage control, peeling the small one off the big one and trying to scrape playdoh/mud/food debris off the walls and floors. At the end of the day I am unable to string a coherent sentence together. If I have an hour to myself in the evening I like to lie semi-conscious on the sofa plugged into something terrible on TV. When new baby lands motherporridge may have to be killed off in a dramatic shooting-from-the-daffodils storyline.
Here’s my list:
- Val Kilmer. This is fantasy right? So in my fantasy he’s his 1980’s self around the Top Gun era and so’m I. Nuff said.
- Zoltar from Battle of the Planets. Representing my childhood fantasies. Read more about him here. Incidentally I just remembered a story a friend from school once told me. She used to have dreams that she was kissing a giant lizard on top of a burning building. Hormones clearly have a lot of answer for. Zoltar does seem quite tame by comparison.
- Dolph Lundgren. Terribly embarrassing. But I’ve harboured a girl-crush ever since Rocky IV. He looks good even now in his 50’s.
- Donald Draper. Ok, Ok, the man that plays him in Mad Men. Whassisname. Dunno.
- Bradley Cooper. He’s a bit of an exception to the rule in that he’s a modern filmstar. There is something very twinkly about his smile.
OH, if you are reading this, frstly, I’m sorry. Secondly, I very much doubt Zoltar is available, he was probably snapped up years ago by some animated sci-fi vixen. Sob.