November 9, 2011 § 5 Comments
It’s been a pretty normal day in the life of family porridge. Missing socks and muddy scooters. School runs and tantrums. Laughter and tears. Here are some things that I learnt, or was reminded of, today.
1. Three children in the swimming pool changing room is madness
2. A Maclaren buggy with a toddler inside does not necessarily outweigh everyone’s coats, bags and swim stuff balanced on the handlebars
3. If there are 150 lockers in the swimming pool changing room, 4yo will be hiding inside number 149
4. Nappy sacks require licked fingers in order to open. Always open nappy sack BEFORE changing soiled nappy
5. No one likes a BMW driver. Allow an extra 15 minutes on any journey time as not one person will give way to you, or let you pull out into traffic
6. 4yo knows how to stick the childlock on the door so that the door will not shut. Allow an extra 15 minutes on any journey time in order to track down friendly neighbour to help unstick the childlock
7. Baby will start to howl immediately upon placement in carseat. Allow an extra 15 minutes on any journey time to first rock baby to sleep, or feed into submission
8. Never attempt to get child out of a roadside door. Even if you have more than one car seat in the back make the older child climb through into the front in order to be removed pavement side. Or you will be sworn at A LOT. By oncoming cars. Probably something to do with that BMW again
Oh, and finally,
9. Never suggest to a 4yo boy that we could pretend we are going on a trip to fairyland. All the fairies are dead, apparently.